Benefits of Airsoft!
Airsoft is a sport and a hobby of many mature individuals who collect
gear and test their skills against live opponents. It is exciting and
if this is not enough, consider other benefits below:
- You can interact with players from a diverse
set of backgrounds, be it academic or professional.
- It is often difficult to estimate a persons
age, as people are treated equally.
- The sense of community and comaraderie. You may
play against some people at one game and with them the next game. After
the game you may have a BBQ together and share your experiences at
- You can bond with your friends or children by
sharing a common experience. Epic moments like ambushes, assaults or
last stands are fun things to talk about.
- Airsoft is also an opportunity to exercise
your leadership and public speaking skills, if you choose to do
so. Influencing squad mates is
a useful skill.
- You have an opportunity to go out and meet new
people outside your "home" field.
- An environment of honor, integrity and
- Airsoft is a great excercise for your whole
body. The type of movement involved in a lot of games (low walk, crawl,
sprint) involves different kinds of muscles that you don't normally use
sitting behind a desk or even exercising in the gym.
from cover is quite different from shooting at a range or even hunting.
You have to really coordinate your body movement to return fire and
stay in cover at the same time.
- You develop increased endurance, and the
ability to manage
it appropriately. Many people coming to play casually are
tired after 4-5 hours. After a few games you can get handle up to 6-8
hours. Some airsoft games last for 12-20 hours (over the course of 2
- Increased ability to deal with adrenaline.
- Breating fresh air outdoors, observing nature.
How often do you lay down in the woods for anything?
- Skill at practical concealment (you can hide
from an actively searching group of opponents) and silent
- Basic weapon handling skills and body
coordination in CQB.
- Increased awareness of your surroundings. Both
movement and nature.
- Increased awareness of how other people think
- Faster thinking on your feet.
- Increased self esteem and self
- Respect for the law enforcement and the
- A break from the hassles of daily living -
there's no phone calls or email on the field.
- Fun and excitement