Airsoft is a sport and a hobby of many mature individuals who collect gear and test their skills against live opponents. It is exciting and if this is not enough, consider other benefits below:
- You can interact with players from a diverse set of backgrounds, be it academic or professional.
- It is often difficult to estimate a persons age, as people are treated equally.
- The sense of community and comaraderie. You may play against some people at one game and with them the next game. After the game you may have a BBQ together and share your experiences at online forums.
- You can bond with your friends or children by sharing a common experience. Epic moments like ambushes, assaults or last stands are fun things to talk about.
- Airsoft is also an opportunity to exercise your leadership and public speaking skills, if you choose to do so. Influencing squad mates is a useful skill.
- You have an opportunity to go out and meet new people outside your "home" field.
- An environment of honor, integrity and teamwork.
- Airsoft is a great excercise for your whole body. The type of movement involved in a lot of games (low walk, crawl, sprint) involves different kinds of muscles that you don't normally use sitting behind a desk or even exercising in the gym.
- Shooting from cover is quite different from shooting at a range or even hunting. You have to really coordinate your body movement to return fire and stay in cover at the same time.
- You develop increased endurance, and the ability to manage it appropriately. Many people coming to play casually are very tired after 4-5 hours. After a few games you can get handle up to 6-8 hours. Some airsoft games last for 12-20 hours (over the course of 2 days).
- Increased ability to deal with adrenaline.
- Breating fresh air outdoors, observing nature. How often do you lay down in the woods for anything?
- Skill at practical concealment (you can hide from an actively searching group of opponents) and silent movement.
- Basic weapon handling skills and body coordination in CQB.
- Increased awareness of your surroundings. Both movement and nature.
- Increased awareness of how other people think
- Faster thinking on your feet.
- Increased self esteem and self confidence
- Respect for the law enforcement and the military
- A break from the hassles of daily living - there's no phone calls or email on the field.
- Fun and excitement